Sunday, July 13, 2008

Greenery of God

There are many wonderful shades of green in Nature.
I love them all.
I can see why fashion is so inspired by nature.
This is a small peppercorn tree.
They smell so spicey and hot and when rubbed between the fingers make them sticky.
These trees predominated school yards in my childhood and we climbed their strong limbs and chewed on the peppercorns that turned pink with a flakey shell.
The hills are looking green even though we need more rain.
I thank God for greenery.What greenery do you like?

5 comments:

Sharon Goemaere said...

Loved this post for one of my favorite colors is green!I adore the green ferns of all varieties that grow in Oregon's many forests.The trees here in our apartment complex all are lovely shades of green now as well!Blessings~Sharon

Kat Mortensen said...

Hi Thora,

I love the greenery in my backyard. The leaves on the Mountain Ash, the elongated leaves of the lilies, the yew bushes, the lamb's ears...I love it all.

In fact, just last week, I posted a poem entitled, "The Greenery". What a coincidence! You can find it on my page right now. Also, I've got a podcast of my poetry available, so if you'd like to have a listen, I'd welcome your thoughts.

Kat

Kay Martin said...

Just this week I was noticing the greens in our severe drought. God preserves people and foilage in severe shortages ... and brings beauty through it all.

Yesterday I listed your blog on my blog. I hope that others may be blessed as I have reading your lovely writing and seeing your beautiful pictures. You are a blessing.

I have always wanted to visit Australia. Pictures look gorgeous and everything I've read makes me long to be there.

God bless you.

Michelle Gregory said...

i've missed your posts. hope all is well.
michelle in arizona

Thora said...

Thankyou all for your comments.
Our drought is breaking with the dams full but the river is still in trouble.Kay lovely to meet you and your kind words.I cannot find your blog site and would love to read yours.What is the link as it does not come up when I press.