Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Drought

Our drought is awful.A few weeks ago I wrote a piece about dying trees

Slender limbs wait now
bark gone
leaves dry
moistureless
sitting like dry
kitchen sponges
hard
unyielding
A welt
gapes on smoothness
Redness oozes
Burning
Hot
The wind howls
caressing the tree
Death row is cruel

I think sometimes we are dying inside because we do not reach out for those things we need in life.We wait.We have a drought within us, a time of dryness of not knowing what is next.How would you write about a tree that was recovering from a drought or in fact yourself.?
Today it is raining gently and the land and birds sing.Carpe Diem.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Now I'm the one with tears! The past couple weeks I've been in my own drought and your comment has brought much-needed encouragement my way, as has your poignant post. (I certainly look forward to reading more of your work in the future!) Thank you so much my friend! Michelle is such a lovely woman and you are indeed blessed to have a friend in her... she is such an inspiration to me.
Christ's love and blessings to you!
- Jo

Patry Francis said...

A heartbreaking, but beautiful post. I'm glad to have discovered your writing.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

hope, yes to hope! and believing in healing for sure, too.