Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blah Blah

It is cold here today and and I am restless jumping between jobs.
I am having trouble focusing so I need to write something.

Blah blah!
Nah nah nani na!!
What to say
What to think
I don't know
Want to share
But what?
Words.
Trouble is today they are dry,
wizened and sad.
They do not want to gently curl,
and nestle in my hand,
and play music on the page.
They sit cold,brittle
but for a small piece of wick.
Blow blow gently........
and warm the small stick.
Till green transforms
and glows into a melody that sings in my heart.

Ok then that helped.Back to work.

5 comments:

Ami said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

I've definitely had days like this where nothing seems to come and I can't focus on anything. Hope you've got your focus back!

Thora said...

It is back.

Kat Mortensen said...

Hey Thora, that was a good one. I haven't written in days and it feels awful. I'm just waiting for the write (pun) inspiration, I guess.
I loved your use of "wizened". It's a great word and you don't see it often, do you?

Kat

Thora said...

I had never thought of that about the word wizened. There must be other words like that. Any ideas?

Kat Mortensen said...

I can't think of any off-hand, but if I do, I'll let you know.

Kat