Sunday, May 25, 2008

Growing Beauty








A perfect day for walking.
There was even a bit of a squelch under foot instead of the harsh,brittle unyielding earth of a few weeks ago.
Such glorious colours ,detail were all around me.
I started thinking about my favourite flowers and it would have to be Daisies.
I saw a firey red Sturt Desert Pea that is a Western Australian wildflower.
I was taken aback to see it growing in our state of South Australia in a garden bed in my neighbourhood.
Wow!
I knocked on the door and asked to photograph the blooms.
They were really chuffed I would want to take a photo.
It was a great chance to get to know another resident of my small town.
Next was a flowering gum,yet another shade of red.
On the way home I came across a mushroom poking its nose out of the wet ,soggy soil.
It looked so sleeky and unreal-a poisonous one I think.
Everything I saw was singing because we have had rain at last.
I was singing too.
What flowers do you like?
What makes you sing inside?

3 comments:

Sharon Goemaere said...

Lovely,lovely post!What flowers make me sing?Anyhting purple but especially intensely purple hydrangeas!!Blessings~Sharon

Thora said...

Beautiful.I love deep purple Iris and baby violets too.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

roses and wild flowers even dandelions!!!
OMG!!!
all of them!!!
my Today's post is titled beauty and it is about my garden!!!
yay!!!