Sunday, May 25, 2008

In celebration of Hands


I got a fright looking down at my hands .

It was as if I was looking at my mother's hands.

I had not really noticed before that my hands are changing as I get older,more wrinkled,spotty.

They do so much for me in my day.

Welcome hands to my day

I honour your service.

I celebrate you today

You unlock my day

into many series of
movements.

Thankyou for your faithfulness.

You stretch,bend,grab,curl,enclose.

pat,stroke,hold,wave.

clench,release,pinch,write.

Love.

You help me sense,

feel,

and be delighted.

Thankyou,

my beautiful hands.

My hands literally dance through the day-probably the most exercised part of my body.They are legends so I do not mind they are looking a bit worn.I will take better care of them and give them a loving massage.Maybe I could massage them with my feet!
Just take a thought for your hands today!

4 comments:

Victoria (Vii) said...

Beautiful Words! I remember as a little girl admiring the calloused hands of my dad and today I still notice my eyes roaming to them and still they warm my heart!

Thora said...

I nolonger have my mum so it was an ultra surprise to see I have her hands and am reminded of her in myself.Hands are amazing.I bet your dad has done lots with his.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

yes i admit my hands are my main tools.
my hands are big but that's ok I love them!!!!

Jo said...

A unique thought which really did take me back to the days when I admired my parents hands. Really, quite a thoughtful post, dear friend!