Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Swinging

I know there are a lot of you out there who love to swing.
The book Imagine a Day: by Sarah.L.Thomson with paintings by Rob Gonsalves are just inspiring.Press on his name and then go to print number 23 but be sure to look at the others along the way
They will inspire you to write.
Sarah's words about the swing picture.
"Imagine a day when you don't need wings to soar"
This is accompanied by the picture of a girl on a swing.
I wanted to download it but I think that would breech copyright?

My response to Imagine a day........... prompt

Imagine a day without pain
without sorrow
full of laughter
strawberries and cream
fluffy clouds
When the desires of my heart unfold before me
When I take time to smell fresh earth,fresh pastries.
I float ,I fly
At ease
No longer pacing,stiff,rigid
Loose flowing
At ease.


What do you imagine?
Oh there is also a book in the series Imagine a Night


9 comments:

Patty said...

delightful post...thanks for sharing

Kat Mortensen said...

Thora, What wonderful thoughts and images. Strawberries and cream - my favourite!
I haven't been on a swing in years, but now it is my goal for the Summer!

Kat

Thora said...

But Kat do you like whipped,runny,pressurized or naturally thick cream?
I like all of them.Enjoying both your blog sites.Keep the words coming Patty and Kat.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

a world at peace for all beings.

Kat Mortensen said...

Thora -
Nothing like the real thing, is there? As a kid, I used to just like a bowl of strawberries fresh, with a sprinkle of sugar to make them ooze flavour. Hey, I've got an amazing recipe for a Strawberry Angel Food Cake if you're interested. I always ask for that on my birthday, since it's in the Summer.

Kat

BTW, there's new stuff at both of my sites today. www.hyggedigter.blogspot.com
www.faithfoodflowers.wordpress.com

Michelle Gregory said...

Thora,
Just got "Juicy Writing" in the mail yesterday. I can hardly wait to start digging into it. Thanks for mentioning it.

Michelle

Sharon Goemaere said...

Our local library has both of these books!I cannot wait to check them out!!Thanks for sharing...Sharon

Thora said...

I love it how we get excited about new books.Therefore you will love the last page of Imagine a day Sharon.Let me know what you think!
Michelle fancy you getting a copy before me but then I still have the library copy.I took it to my journalling class and they all loved it.We have decided to start a resource library for our group so that will be on the list.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

strawberries, yum!!!