Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Procrastination Queen

I have some study to do and keep getting distracted by other things-play with the cat
talk to the dog
write in my journal
blog
make a cup of herbal tea
eat a biscuit etc etc and it goes on........
Anything but knuckle down.
I think it is because this study is self paced and has no real dead lines.
It is hanging over my head big time.
I do not really feel passionate about it as it is a qualification that I have to attain to teach adults. I guess it is a formality I have to do to get to Point B.
So everyone I am off to get stuck into study .
Any hints?
How do you procrastinate?
I really do not like this characteristic in myself.
I do it with cleaning,paying bills ,so many things and then I get behind.
Enough procrastination and back to work!!!!!!

6 comments:

Michelle Gregory said...

How nice to find another procrastination queen. We could hold court with other p. queens. But I don't know that any of us would make it to the meetings - we'd probably put it off.

To answer your question on Fiddle Dee Dee - I procrastinate with my three working blogs. I also have one for Eldala, one to host links for my website, and the 4 that my kids have.

Thora said...

I went to the Miles Franklin award we have in OZ that upholds Australian authors last Friday and all the shortlisted authors admitted procrastination.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

ayayyyyy!!!
LOL
with blogs, yes, that's my addiction, readin about other people's lives, LOL
Enjoy your weekend dear!

Thora said...

We are happier for our blogging and our lives enriched.

Kay Martin said...

Procrastination is such a bummer. I am trying to hit it with action, but I'm in my sixties and it still raises it's head to suck all the life out of me.

I had a project I was dreading today, but I gritted my teeth and dug into it. The work was nothing...what was I thinking?

I hope to use this experience to keep me motivated to hit procrastination with its death: action. Failing is better than dreading and stalling.

I hand in my crown...I'm through with putting off and dread. Action full speed ahead.

Love your honest, transparent voice on this blog. Hope time will open up for you to write more.

Thora said...

Yes still procrastinating-this time 3 assignments to finish a certificate.Must get on to it.
I am doing a lot of writing in my hard journal so will share some soon.